The Diva has Arrived

 

I was fairly excited to try the DivaCup, mostly because of the name, Diva. I still have fondDivaCup Logo memories of living in a house with 5 chicks, on Weaver St. and being known as the Weaver Divas. Though we have moved on it was a fantastic part of my life and I love to catch up with my old housemates when I can. Just a reminder no menstrual cup companies including Diva have paid me for this review.

You may notice, I said fairly excited what held me back a little was that the shape (when looking on a computer screen) it appeared to be similar to a moon cup or Keeper. It is in fact, larger so if you have a heavy flow you are going to love this cup and the brim is not as thick either so that will definitely be a bonus cramps-wise.

M1-M2-boxesAnother bonus for the Diva is that she can be purchased in a store, if you are lucky enough to live in a town that they are stocked in. Surprisingly I do and I have seen her for sale in person at our local chemist. The DivaCup can be found in store and online in 23 countries around the world. Check here to find a store near you. If not, the DivaCup can be purchased online.

A few things to keep in mind about The DivaCup:

  • The DivaCup can be worn for up to 12 hours at a time and needs only to be cleaned 2-3 times a day with warm water and the DivaWash or a mild, unscented, oil-free soap.
  • Since The DivaCup is a personal hygienic product, a general guideline is to replace it once a year, but ultimately, it is up to the consumer to decide when it is necessary to replace the cup.
  • The Divacup is one of only 3 brands of silicone menstrual cups that are TGA approved.

I used the Diva cup for two cycles before writing my review as I wanted it to be thorough. DivaCup on Bag

Initial Reaction: Ok after the… Yea I have mail; it was the ray of sunshine on a horrible day... when the package was opened there was surprise, it was larger than I anticipated, the DivaCup model 2 was the same capacity  as my large JuJu size 2 cup. The DivaCup is longer and slightly thinner than the JuJu cup. There is also a little badge on the cotton bag that holds the cup.

In the zone: Inserting the cup was fairly easy, it opened up quite well inside. It has been my 2nd easiest cup to insert, the Ruby being the easiest. While the cup was in; I did not feel it and felt no extra cramping or pain from the rim opening up too fast which happens with cups that have very thick rims.

Rims are handy as they help to stop “air pockets”, (Tampon users will know this too) you may be familiar with the feeling of “OMGoodness my cup is leaking… run” Then you get to the bathroom and there is nothing there. It’s like being punked by your cup/tampon. Removal does tend to be messier.

If you have read my other posts, you may know that I have mentioned pain upon removal on a dry day. I inserted the DivaCup on a day I thought I was getting my period however it ended up being a dry day and this was the easiest “dry-day” removal.

Verdict: the DivaCup is truly Outstanding. It has all the things I like in a cup, size, flexibility, smallish rim. I now have 2 go2 cups for my heavy days. I love that I can keep it in for longer than the smaller cups, and also (as I found out by accident) if I pop it in on days I am expecting my period, its no a big deal if it ends up being a dry day. The Diva cup is longer than many other cups, I found that it just fit me, lengthways but I loved the narrower circumference.

Choosing a cup: Keen to try a Diva but not sure on the sizes? Check here.

For more information on DivaCups, menstrual cups in general visit the DivaCup site http://www.divacup.com. You can also like DivaCups on Facebook and Follow them on Twitter. Become informed and help spread the word about Women’s health issues.

JUDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment