Updates:

Honey believed that last line, I am not sure if that says more about his faith in my honesty or the appetite of his cats. Should have eaten his share… he said that he “prefers my goats milk custard”.
So the almond “meal” left over did go very nicely into a very quick cake I added some GF flour, sugar, egg and popped it in the microwave. It was nice but obviously if I had the time to bake it in the oven it would have been even better. I would extrapolate that from this you could substitute the wet meal for the regular dry meal. It can be a hassle if the measure in the recipe is given in grams and maybe back off the liquid slightly.
 
The Jala organic yogurt worked for making yogurt it was not as sour as the Coles brand yogurt which was very tough on the tastebuds. However it was nice in a vegetarian stroganoff and in oj-yogurt shakes.
 
I finally tested the goat’s milk yogurt made with probiotics I ordered from http://www.greenlivingaustralia.com.au it was by far the best yogurt made with goat’s milk. It was smooth, creamy and did not have that “goaty” aftertaste. Hence I have kept quite a few scoops of yogurt from that batch to make some more “one-day”. I discovered that mixing honey through the Greek yogurt is delicious. With this lot, I should have strained it for a little longer as it tends to go runny when you do this.
 
In the meantime I will be reverting back to cow’s milk for my yogurt needs. Till the kids arrive cow’s milk is more viable for my wallet.
Oh btw did anyone else notice that the Kogan is on sale this week for $200?
http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/thermoblend-all-one-food-processor-cooker/?gclid=CNu16I-D77cCFaRKpgodiQ8A2Q I have not met one in person, but if you are looking to save money, eat healthy and have “champagne taste on a lemonade wage “as my old co-worker used to say… this may be a good time to try a knock-off.
 
Judie 

No comments:

Post a Comment